Monday, September 1, 2008

August 31--At Home in Knoxville

We are slowly settling in, although I think it is going to take awhile to feel organized and back in the groove. We are all incredibly jet-lagged. Sophie is sleeping a lot, probably also due to the stress of travel and being in a new place. That's great because Michael and I aren't sleeping much at all, and Nicholas is wanting to play, play, play. Poor Michael has been hit with traveler's indigestion so is really not feeling great. Hopefully it will work through his system before returning to work Tuesday. Nicholas seems to be infatuated with Sophia and wants to hug her, kiss her, play with her, and help feed her. Right now, Sophia is a little scared of Nicholas, but ultimately, I know they will be great pals. I have been so proud of how gentle he is (mostly) with her, and how much he likes her. Hopefully this won't wear off when the novelty does! I made it to church today by myself, and it was good to be a part of that community again. Nicholas and I also went to a barbecue with our play group at my friend Tanya's house last night, and it was great to just hang out with friends and be "normal" after two weeks in a foreign country. Hopefully tomorrow we can make it to the pool one last time before it closes for the season, and then it is back to work and school next week for Nicholas and Michael. This fall is shaping up to be really busy so we have lots to look forward to. I am excited about having Sophia as an errand buddy--she seems to like being out and about--and will be starting Kindermusik with her in another couple weeks. I have missed the baby class!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats on the adoption of your sweet little baby girl Dr. Belmont! Susan Witt(former CWSC employee)